Páginas

viernes, 4 de febrero de 2022

02 MS. MOUTH

FUNNY SCIENCE TALKS TALKING TO YOUR MOUTH TEACHER: Hello and welcome to your Funny Science Talks! And today we have a lovely guest, we are going to talk to our mouth. Nice to meet you Ms. Mouth! MS MOUTH: Nice to meet you! TEACHER: Thank you so much to be in here Ms. Mouth! MS MOUTH: You´re welcome. I don´t want to keep my mouth shut, I love talking. TEACHER: And we have to say hello to our three pupils who are going to make the questions. Hello Ana! ANA: Hello! TEACHER: How are you María! MARÍA: I am fine thank you! TEACHER: And we have to say hello to Pedro too! PEDRO: Hello every one! TEACHER: But we are going to start with a mysterious question to you three and you have to guess the answer. Ready? Let´s go then. And the question is: How many microorganisms are there in 1 mililitre of saliva? And the possible answers are 1) 1 hundred, 2) 1 thousand or 3) As many as habitants are in China, 1,400 millions. TEACHER: Ok. So interesting but I´ll tell you the answer later on. And now let´s start with your questions to Ms. Mouth. ANA: Which system do you belong to? MS MOUTH: I am the most important part of your body because I belong to the digestive system, to the respiratory system and I can say “I love you” which is the most beautiful sentence in the world. MARÍA: Do you work alone or are you a team? MS MOUTH: I belong to a very good team made up of teeth which chew the food, the tongue which is a muscle and mixes the food with saliva and the lips which smile to you and they sometimes can kiss you. PEDRO: A taste bud told me you didn´t like bitter tastes, is it true? MS MOUTH: The taste buds are so talkative but it is true, I prefer sweet flavours. ANA: What can you tell to the people who are listening to you. MS MOUTH: Well, I am born with a silver spoon in my mouth so I love when I am clean, and it is very important to me you brush your teeth after eating every day. MARÍA: What is your most difficult job? MS MOUTH: I have to pay special attention when you are eating, because I have to send the food to the esophagus and the air to the trachea and a mistake here could be very dangerous. PEDRO: Can you tell me why Mr Stomach is no so happy with you? MS MOUTH: Well, he says that he has to work a lot because I don´t chew the food properly with my teeth but he has to zip his mouth, that is his business and he has gastric juices to help him. TEACHER: Well, it is time to stop arguing because we are going to solve the mysterious question. And in 1 mililitre of saliva there are in fact as many microorganisms as habitants in China, that is 1,400 millions of microorganisms. Who guessed it? Ok. Congratulations to you. thanks to you three for your questions, Thanks to Ms. Mouth for coming here and see you in our next programme about FUNNY SCIENCE TALKS. Bye Bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario